First Visit to Perforce MERGE
First Visit to MERGE
By Javier Gonzalez Sanchez-Arjona
Country Manager at ds data systems
2014 was the first year that I attended the biggest event organized by Perforce, MERGE.
I found the event to be very interesting for several reasons:
- It brings some of the world's leading experts in technology areas such as Software Configuration Management, development models such as Trunk Based…
- I had the opportunity to talk with Perforce customers from around the world and discuss our experiences.
Perforce customers are among some of the most prestigious companies in the world. Their presentations were really interesting, showing how they organize their development and system departments, how to use Perforce and integrate with other systems etc.
Presentations of particular interest to me were:
- Samsung Electronics management of large volumes of data in an organization with users worldwide.
- Adidas showing how they have incorporated Perforce into the design stage of their business. Seeing this use of Perforce was quite unusual for me, but it has been very interesting to see how this works, and understand how it could work for other companies.
- Christoph Leithner, founder of celix Solutions GmbH, gave a very interesting presentation on the topic of Puppet & Perforce.
- Perforce staff presentations and demonstrations show cased the functional and technical improvements of products.
On the first night Perforce hosted the Merge Party, located at the old Mint, only a short walk from the conference. The theme this year was Steam Punk, and the entertainment provided by Perforce added a special charm. Not only did Perforce host the main party but after a hard days work there was always a party of some sort where you could relax a connect with customers and partners of Perforce.
I would like to highlight the phenomenal support of Perforce staff, they helped to make my stay in San Francisco truly unforgettable, and I can see why we are encouraged to attend the event.
For those who have not been to San Francisco, it is a beautiful city and well worth visiting. I hope at the next Merge I will have more time to talk with everyone and visit the spectacular surroundings of the city.